Sunday, January 2, 2022

2021 wasn't real

2021 in review: work from home, work from home, vaccine, a few awkward dates/sexual encounters.  But I have a new alcoholic boyfriend now. It's been 4 months and we haven't said "I love you" yet but I kinda think we are each using each other for companionship and sometimes sex. He's not over his divorce and I'm not over my bullshit so we'll see where it goes. Likely nowhere, until I become the first 42 year old to accidentally get knocked up.

We went back to the office part time in the summer. Also, my new job had summer hours which I did not like. I was just tired all the time. My coworker is very annoying in person. Only 2 years until she retires (fingers crossed). I had covid in early November, mostly just malaise and body aches. 

I also was officially unofficially diagnosed with inattentive adhd in December. Or maybe unofficially officially? I have not had the follow up to my diagnostic/testing yet but was able to read it in the psychiatrist's notes in which she says it.  I am supposed to find a therapist who specializes in adhd coaching. Also, a prescriber because drugs is the reason for this rabbit hole. I need to plant the magic beans and all my dreams will come true!

I think my resolutions for next year are the same as this year and every other year that I fail them. This week I'm not smoking so I am going easy on myself. Work is going back to 100% remote for January, probably to stave off the inevitable covid wave. I'll clean, I'll get the Christmas decorations taken down, I'll try to avoid leaving the house. I'll curl up with my electric blanket, because January is rough enough the way it is.


No comments: