I am so proud of myself for making lasagna and attempting to make gelato on the very last day before my ricotta cheese expires. Now to drink the other half gallon of whole milk before it expires on Wednesday.
I went to the doctor/nurse inside our work clinic to ask for a referral to get ADHD tested. I needed to get set up with a new GP anyway, so I had my annual molestation a bit earlier than expected. She sent a referral down to Madison and then proceeded to ohhhh... not blatantly fat shame me but she is probably a third of my weight and I was very not comfortable in the paper gown that did not cover my back and the fact that the other nurse who came in while she was digging around doing the pap smear HELD MY THIGHS BACK WITH HER HANDS. Bitch, I can spread my legs if you need me to. It's one of my special skills. You don't have to treat me like a pig you are inseminating on the farm.
I don't know about this whole on-site work clinic thing. I felt dangerously close to flashing my vagina to any one of the co-workers I don't know yet who could possibly be walking by or at the very least out in the parking lot. That and they couldn't get my blood so I had to go to the local hospital the next day for the blood draw.
Everything is normal blood wise. A round of antibiotics to clear up some discharge and now my vulva is like vodka -- odorless and tasteless. (Here I just thought it smelled like vagina before.)
So I got the referral and called Madison, got transferred back and forth a few times between nueropsychopathy and behavioral psychology and got an 11am zoom appointment at the end of October. This didn't seem right since Char told me that it was one day thing. So I sent a follow up email on my chart to question it and got a reply that the 11am appointment was for an initial screening, they would give me some questionnaires for my significant others and then decide if I should be tested. Um, then why the fuck did I have to get a referral?
Oh god, and I've heard about the questionnaires... can the cats take it? "She forgets to feed us unless we remind her!" If it's for my parents, I don't know how that's going to go. Hopefully their narcissism comes across? I'm sure they've dealt with that before, parents who don't believe in psychology who think you just need to try harder or they are in denial about their own symptoms? (Oh my dad totally has it, 300%.) James used to say I had ADD, but I'm pretty sure he has me blocked across all platforms and/or has changed his number.
And so I wait 5 months to be screened. I cried out of frustration. Wait, I procrastinated and finally accomplished this and now you are going to make me wait EVEN LONGER? Then probably another five months after that to be tested. IT NEEDS TO BE NOW. If I can muster up the focus maybe I can see if I can find something outside of insurance and pay cash? Depending on the cost?
It's summer, it will go fast. And even though today is the unofficial first day of summer, it also has a foreboding last day of summer break feeling because tomorrow is going to be my first full day working in the office and I am freaked the fuck out. We are on summer hours, so starting early in order to have Friday afternoons off, so I have to have my ass in my chair by 7am tomorrow morning. Can you feel the face that I am making as I type that? They haven't rolled back the mask policy yet (waiting for guidance from OSHA). Thankfully nobody is really enthusiastic about going back, so we are easing into it part-time. Two days a week in June, three days a week in July and four days a week in August -- mostly so we don't have to bother with Fridays.
My summer project -- which I typically start and never finish -- is to explore my new city and finally check out all the shops, parks, festivals, restaurants, museums, et cetera. Being fully vaccinated, I have spent the last couple of weekends gallivanting around maskless and I think I caught a cold. I forgot about colds. I haven't had one since last year. So there's that.
Let's see... the weather has been quite bipolar. Today is a perfect low humidity 73 but the last few weeks it's either been 90 or 45. I think next weekend is going to be 90 and I will regret not mowing my lawn this weekend but ..... I didn't feel like it and it's not bad but by Wednesday it will be bad.
Speaking of bipolar, I haven't seen but have still been texting with both fellers. I keep hearing about this "Hot Girl Summer" thing, is that the same as One Horny Summer? But I feel like I just got my vagina fixed and now I don't want to mess it up. It's like when you finally vacuum your car. As soon as the first french fry falls down the crevice between the seat and the console, it's only a matter of days until the whole thing is a mess again.
I was walking into a gas station yesterday and a girl said to me, "wow, you have really pretty eyes." I had just woken up from a nap and my eye makeup was smeared and my hair was disheveled but it felt cute so maybe it was. Is it time to switch teams?
Took a lot of naps this weekend. Hoping my sleep schedule is finally readjusted.
The lasagna alarm is sounding.
Well I was out of foil so the top layer of cheese burnt but que sera. Crunchy cheese is good too.
#lasagnathirtysomewhere

No comments:
Post a Comment