Friday, October 13, 2023

travel blog day 2, friday the 13th


Honesty. The point I think of the trip originally had been to find the truth. About what I want. About who I am.  An infomercial on tv just said he's been chasing down the truth. Should probably order these supplements.

The truth is I want to escape responsibility.


I didn't bring the right pens so my sit outside and write in the rain was interrupted so I decided to run to town to check things out since it was raining, I was hungry and I needed my zen pens.  I went to the local Family Dollar, which was the only chain establishment in the town of 650.


Stopped at this Antiques store with creaky floors and an old old man jamming out to ABBA Fernando.  I asked him about cat figurines.  I must have all the vintage cat figurines.  Maybe they are worth more now. I got a dog figure that looked like my childhood dog and a poetry book.  Was/am kinda obsessed with these heads, just because of the detail. Beret man in particular.  Ad on TV just said detail.


Ate straight up garbage yesterday, so went to the this fusion market for lunch for salad and a french soda.  It's very popular.



I bought one of Kathy's florals pumpkins.  It wasn't this one.  this should have been the one.  I saw it after I bought the one I had bought.


At this used book store I bought three books on zen/buddhism/lovingkindness that will undoubtedly sit on my bookshelf at home.  I also bought a fiction book set in the Driftless region that I've heard about before.  Probably at a writers conference.  I probably went to the author's seminar or something.  

I also made friends with the owner's grand son with Down Syndrome.  He was asking me my name and what I had for dinner last night while Robin and Robin tried to figure out how to change the receipt paper roll.  I asked his name and he said it was Tom Petty.  He said I was funny and then said "I love you, Cindy" so I said back "I love you too Tom Petty".  It was all very sweet and cheeky.

I also spent a couple of bucks at some other random junky thrift shop/food pantry.  I've been out talking to strangers all day.


Is this a secret artist town?  Everyone seems so happy.

Apparently they are Vikings fans?  That was the team gear in Family Dollar, not Packers.

Too rainy for aimless strolls so I did some aimless driving and car photography.  So may roads so close to edges of lakes. Still no wolves, no bears.  




Spent the afternoon getting stoned and coloring.  I don't feel the need to write down to the truth.  I know that I haven't found it but I have found some zen.  I am not stressed or anxious.  I wish the cats were here.  I guess at the same time I wish I could be here for a week so that I could do all the things --- hike, read, write, sit on the patio.  But l also feel ready to go home and hug my fur babies and snuggle my boyfriend.  And continue to avoid my family.  

Check out is 11am.  Do I need to do my dishes?  Is that not included in my $200?

If it's stopped raining I want to wander down to the river on the property.  If it's early enough, I'll try to write outside with coffee if I can.  There's a labyrinth nearby I'd still like to visit, and I still want to stay open to making pit stops on the way home (I brake for thrift stores and random Dollar Trees).



No comments: